Branding isn’t as simple as getting your target market to choose you over the competition, but is about persuading your consumers to perceive you as the only brand that provides a solution to their problem. But how is this done? How do I attract, engage and inspire potential customers without Jedi mind tricks?
Below are 7 key tips to spark creativity and aid you in building a convincing personal brand.
No matter what business, you need to tell the world why you’re the brand for the job. Your mother always told you to be yourself, now its time to shout to the masses about what makes you special!
Think to yourself:
- What is my greatest strength?
- What unique ability do I bring to my consumers?
- What makes me different from my competitors?
- Am I an innovator? Or do I take a more traditional way of thinking?
- How do I want to communicate?
- What needs and wants can I solve for my consumers?
Websites provide a massive boost in brand credibility and should be the main focus of a brands online presence. Online you can showcase your unique talents and inform your consumers of who you are and what is so special about your brand. It also allows you to reach consumers way beyond your physical location, giving you a much bigger stage for show and tell.
Make sure your website is coded and easily resized to fit all technological platforms, smartphones, tablets etc. Talk to us about mobile responsiveness and parallax designs!
Social media is ever evolving and so are the brands that are involved. Having a social media presence connects a brand to its loyal and potential consumers, which is crucial to building a personal brand. Although it is hard to compete with the over- saturated online world, it is far from impossible.
Consider these tips:
- Discover which social media your consumers are predominantly using. Once you have sought them out plan your attack.
- Think about what it is that you want to talk about. Don’t badger your consumers with spammy like messages. You want to openly offer insight and freely provide knowledge to start to boost your brand awareness and reputation.
- Don’t be afraid to Like or Follow the competition. It’s a great way to create strategic relationships with your competitors, see what they are doing, how they are talking and how you could do it better.
Merging online and offline efforts is a great way to take an established reputation and introduce it to an off-line audience or vice versa.
Take your online/ off-line brochures, e-mail marketing, flyers etc. and repurpose them to the opposite medium.
Investing in your brand provides amazing growth opportunities. Spending money on the development of your brand will develop credibility, boost visibility and create a stronger brand image and value.
Set yourself a goal, determine how you are going to achieve it and then go out and do it!
Keep your brand Real, exciting and fun. Consistently expose your USP and ask the question who is it that I’m trying to reach and can I help them? Developing a brand is no cup of tea and it is often worth seeking the services of professionals throughout your journey.